Special Event Permits

Each year, a number of events drawing thousands of people take place in Rosemead. The City of Rosemead knows how important it is to coordinate a successful special event. Regardless of the scale of your event, the City wants to provide you with VIP treatment when it comes to helping you obtain your permit.

Special events that provide a benefit to the community are welcomed and encouraged. The planning process for a special event may involve the participation of several departments and outside agencies to ensure the health, safety, well-being, and enjoyment of the community residents and businesses.

A Special Event Permit will be required if the proposed event meets any of the following criteria:

  • Any event that requires the closure of any street or public right of way to vehicular or pedestrian traffic. These would include fairs, festivals, any type of athletic event such as a 5k, bicycle race, or walking event.
  • Any event to be held at a public facility with a projected attendance of 500 or more.
  • Any event that will generate any outdoor video or sound.
  • Any event that will require the use of city resources for security, crowd control, sanitation, etc.
  • No more than three (3) events will be permitted on a single property per calendar year, excluding city sponsored events.

Most questions can be answered by thoroughly reading the information provided in this packet. Any questions that may arise can be answered by the Planning Division staff or referred to the proper department or agency. Please be sure to complete the application and submit the necessary materials to help avoid any obstacles or delays that may hinder the issuance of an event permit.

Read the notes in each section of the application for additional instructions or information regarding the planning process, and departments/outside agencies that will be to providing input or review of your application. A list of the various departments and agencies is available at the back of this packet.

You can obtain a Special Event Permit Application by Clicking Here or from the Planning Division in City Hall.